Bhavnagar Travel Guide
Places of Interest
Points of Interest
* Takhteshwar Temple Located at the centre of the city one of the highest point to view the whole city
* Nilambag Palace The Princely palace of the then Bahvnagar Royals, also a swanky Hotel Palace
* Seashore at Ghogha (About 22 km. from Bhavangar)
* Victoria Park - It covers an area of about 500 acres(2 km²) with diverse flora and fauna. This park is a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers.
* Nava Bandar (New Port)
* Barton Library
* Ganga Deri (Ganga Jalia Talav) The whole marble construction monument, one of the master piece of old times gifted by the Maharaja, a miniature of Taj Mahal
* Gaurishankar Lake (Bor Talav) - named after a very able 19th century minister of the king, is a reservoir originally planned for water supply to the town. It is a popular picnic spot where one can watch a setting sun over lake and enjoy a stroll on the parapet wall of the lake.
* Alang Ship Breaking Yard (About 50 km from Bhavangar on way of Talaja)
* Gandhi Smriti - a memorial, with a library of Gandhian books and photographs about the life of Mahatma Gandhi. It also has a fine collection of art objects representing the culture of the Saurashtra region.
* Ghogha Beach (19 km away from Bhavnagar, a favorite outing spot around.)
* Piram Bet (About 20 km away from Ghogha Beach, treasures fossils and old caves)
* Malnath Shiv Temple and Trambak Water Fall (About 15 to 20 kms from Bhavnagar, Trambak is very beauty full place, you can have tracking along Malnath to Trambak, which is about 5 kms.)
Bhavnagar has couple of Single screen theaters a multiplex with 5 screen and more...
Top 3 is the largest multiplex in Saurashtra with 5 screens, food courts, game stations and a large sprawling Amusement Park besides it. A two screen theatre turned mutliplex called Apsara Twins, Two Hyper Markets Reliance Super Mall and V-Mart. A large under construction leisure cum entertainment spot called ISCON City (claimed to be the largest organised township of Gujarat) and Himalaya Mega Mall (which is claimed to be the largest of Saurashtra), Rangoli Resorts and Restaurants (a complete fun destination at the outskirt of the city), are to name a few which adores beauty of Bhavnagar further.
Bhavnagar is well connected to other major cities of Gujarat such as Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Surat and more by road, with bus services operated by state-owned transport corporation (GSRTC) as well as private operators.
The city is also connected to Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Surat and Vadodara and some major cities of Saurashtra by rail road.
It was one of the first cities in Gujarat to have an airport. It is connected to Mumbai by air and railway. Daily flights are operated by Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines from Bhavnagar airport.
Intracity bus service is operated by VITCOS. Private auto-rikshaw is other mode of transport within the city and nearby villages.