Giridih Travel Guide
* Enjoy scenic beauty of Khandoli dam,Watch classic movies in swarn/savera theater, have good food at Madhuban or Gally Hotel.
* If you are old and retired, Giridih is a nice place to spent rest of your life in peace and harmony.
* Parasnath is one of the famous holy place for Jain people.
added by shibli: A must watch is the jungles near by. climb christian hill. Go to beniadih coal mines. try to trek from bengabaad to pachamba through the forests.
try to trek from maheshmunda to sugga pahari.. off track
Places to visit
places to visit
* Usri Falls – 11 km away from Giridh, tongas are available as the main local transport here.A famous picnic spot situated about 13 kms east of Giridih town Amidst in the range of the famous Parasnath Hills ,the Usri River gushes down from a steep gorge , some 40 feet high in three separate streams .
How to reach: Nearest Railway Station is Giridih. Taxi ,Auto Rikshaw and Tanga are available from railway Station and bus Stand.
* Khandoli – 8 km from Giridh, it is a water reservoir, one of the best sites for water-related adventure sports and bird watching.
A water reservoir some 8 km North-East of Giridih headquater is one of the best site for water related adventure sports and bird-watching. A watch tower and 600 feet high hillock offers a panoramic view of Khandoli site.Elephant and Camel Safari and numbers of other amusement facilities are available there including boating , Rock-climbing Parasailing and Kayaking.
How to reach: Nearest railway station is Giridih. Taxi are available from railway station and bus stand.
* Madhuban – 8 km from Giridh, it is a water reservoir, one of the best sites for water-related adventure sports and bird watching.
* Harihar Dham – This is a famous Shivlinga temple A small hamlet about 60kms South-west of Giridih district headquarter under Bagodar Block possesses the largest Shiva Linga of India. Its height is 65 ft. People from all over India come here every year on Shrawan Purnima to worship.
Giridih is headquarters of the Giridih district of Jharkhand state, India. The literal meaning of Giridih is the land of hills & hillocks - giri, a Hindi word, means hills and dih, another word of the local dialect, indicates upland. Giridih district was earlier a part of Hazaribagh district
Get there and Around
get there and around
* By rail - 38 km from Madhupur on the Howrah-Delhi main line. Madhupur is 294 km from Kolkata. There is a branch line from Madhupur to Giridih. There is single passenger train which run 5 times during the day and it takes about an hour to reach Giridih. Parasnath railway station, on the Howrah-Delhi grand chord line, is 48 km from Giridih. The adjacent town is called Isri, it is on Grand Trunk Road.
* By bus - regular buses connect it with Munger, Dhanbad, Bhagalpur, Koderma and other places. Dumri on Grand Trunk Road (NH 2) is about 45 km from Giridih.