Alibag Travel Guide
* Kolaba (or Kulaba) fort (Not to be confused with Colaba in Mumbai): Is situated in the sea at a distance of 1–2 km from the Alibag shores. During low tide one can walk to the fort.
* Kanakeshwar temple: Is situated on a hill near Mapgaon village, about 12 km away from Alibag and falls on the way to Mandawa.
* Tower of St. Barbara.
* Chaul: Is a historic town situated about 15 km away from Alibag. It is famous for its Portuguese ruins, an old church, a synagogue, Buddhist caves, the Hamam Khana and a temple.
* Vikram Vinayak Temple or Birla Temple, Salav: Is situated about 20 km away from Alibag. On the way to Janjira, Take the right fork to reach the Vikram Ispat industry. Going a bit ahead will lead you to the temple.
* Kanhoji Angre Samadhi
* Uma-Maheshwar temple
* Balaji temple
* Murud-Janjira: Janjira is the legendary fort situated not very far from Alibag.
* Datta Mandir: situated at bhowale,2 km away from chaul.
* Hingulja Mandir: Situated near datta mandir,historic temple built by pandwas.
* Magnetic Observatory: Established in 1904 by the Indian Institute of Geomagnetism.
The following are the main beaches in and around Alibag:
* Alibag beach: This is the main beach of the town.
* Varsoli Beach:Located about a mile from the main beach, home to a very large naval base.
* Akshi Beach: It is situated 8 km away from Alibag.
* Nagaon beach: It is situated about 10 km away from Alibag and is famous for coconuts and betel nuts.
* Kihim Beach: Kihim is a secluded place at a distance of 12 km from Alibag. The Kihim beach is famous for dense cover of Coconut trees. It is also famous for woods which are home to rare butterflies, birds and flowers.
* Awas: It is situated about 16 km away from Alibag.
* Saswane: It is situated about 18 km away from Alibag.
* Rewas: It is situated about 24 km away from Alibag.
* Chaul Revdanda: It is situated about 17 km away from Alibag.
* Mandawa: It is situated about 20 km north of Alibag. The catamaran/ferry services are available from Mumbai to the Mandawa jetty. Many Bollywood celebrities own bungalows here.
* Kashid Beach: It is 36 km away from Alibag, on the Alibag-Murud highway, also this beach is possibly one of the cleanest and most beautiful beaches in the region with almost 'white' sand.
Alibag or is a coastal town and a municipal council in Raigad District in the Konkan region of Maharashtra, India. It is headquarters of the Raigad district. It The town and its surrounding villages are the historic hinterland of Bene Israeli Jews. There is a Synagogue in the "Israel Ali" area of the town.
Alibag was developed in the 17th century by Chhatrapati Shivaji's naval chief Kanhoji Angre
* Road: One can reach Alibag via Pen (30 km away), which is on the Mumbai (78 km away) - Goa road. From Mumbai, one can reach Alibag by traveling on the Mumbai-Goa highway till Wadkhal (or Vadkhal) and taking the right fork from Wadkal - the left fork being the road to Goa. The distance is approximately 108 km from Mumbai
* Railways: The nearest rail railway station are Pen, India. Through Pen, India, it is connected to Khopoli.
* Catamaran/Ferry: The nearest jetty is Mandwa From where catamaran/ferry services are available to Gateway of India, Mumbai. Another port in the vicinity is Rewas, from where a ferry service is available to Bhau cha Dhakka. There is also a jetty at Custom Bandar from where fishermen in Alibag set sail.
One can reach Alibag by catamaran(sea) through "Gateway of India" to Mandwa OR from "Bhaucha Dhakka" to Rewas and from Mandwa/Rewas to Alibag by bus. Ticket includes journey from Gateway to Mandwa and bus journey from Mandwa to Alibag bus stop. From Rewas to Alibag one needs to take State Transport bus or a Rikshaw. Take the ferry from Gateway to Mandwa. Services available from 6:00am till 6:00pm. Ferry Journey time: 40 to 55 minutes depending on the type of boats. From Mandwa operator carries passengers to Alibag in their own chartered buses. Bus Journey time: 45 minutes. Alibag beach is walking distance from the bus-stop.
Another option is to take a ferry from "Bhaucha Dhkka" to Rewas. Timings are same but schedule may change depending on the tide. From Rewas take State Transport Bus OR Rikshaw to Alibag. Bus Journey time: 1 hour to reach Alibag.