Karjat Travel Guide
Get There and Around
get there and around
* Mumbai Airport
* Navi Mumbai International Airport ( under Construction )
* Lohegaon Airport in Pune (In case of contingencies)
* Gandhinagar Airport in Nasik (In case of contingencies)
* Mumbai-Pune Expressway
* NH 17
* NH 4
* NH 3
* MH SH 35
* MH SH 38
* NH 4B
* NH 222 via Murbad for Ahmednagar
* Golden Quadrilateral
* Hall-Phata (Karjat could be entered also from Junction of Old Pune-Mumbai highway & Karjat State Highway near Khopoli)
* Karjat-Khopoli-Pen Road
* Ale-Phata junction via Murbad/Malshej
* Chauk-Dand-Phata or Palaspe-Phata to Apta-Phata from Goa Road or via Panvel or Khopoli/Pali
* Sewri-Navi Mumbai Sea Link Expressway (under construction)
* NH 8 (via [Murbad-Wada)/Dahanu or Kalyan/Bhiwandi
* Proposed Chakan-Bhimashankar-Karjat Highway
Karjat has a bus terminal near railway station in Bhisegaon. It is well connected to other cities in and around state by Maharashtra state owned passenger buses. Many private owned buses also provide transport service between Karjat and neighboring cities, including Mumbai and Panavel. Private taxis are also available near station. S T Bus Terminal
* [Karjat] (with Computerised Local/Long distance electronic booking centre)
* CBD Belapur
* Rasayani Somatane
railway stations between Panvel and Karjat
* Chauk, Chowk
Railway Stations Between Lonavala & Karjat
railway stations between Ambernath and Karjat
* Neral, India
* Bhivpuri Road
places to visit
places to visit
This valley glitters with large flowing streams of Ulhas river. It offers breathtaking sights during the monsoons, when the water falls gush through the thick greenery of the valley. There are a number of tunnels in the Ulhas valley, which helps the trains to pass through the valley.
This ghat has a historical significance. It was the ancient trade route connecting the ports at Choul, Revdanda, Panvel, etc. on the Konkan coast and the hinterland on the Deccan plateau.
These caves are famous because of their Buddhist style .These caves offers an ancient life style of Buddhist followers. There are many Sculptures and stupas which are the architecture of the ancient period of Buddhist.
This fort is also known as the Kotligad. This fort is conical in shape and gives an amazing view of the foothills. This fort is placed on the back of the Western ghats and Matheran ranges.
Karjat is a city, a Municipal Council, a Tahsil and a sub-district in Raigad district, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai in the Indian state of Maharashtra.